Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hello all...there is nothing new in New Hampshire

So I made it to New Hampshire and it's been pretty busy since I have been here. The first thing I got to do was meet one of my new roommates...who is surprisingly young...youngest roommate I have ever had actually.
Then from there I got to see one of my favorite friends ever...the kitty banes. Had to get things organized and see where everything goes and is in my new place. I am living with my good friend/sister Margaret in her new house that she is actually still moving into...its really cute.

The real funny thing is that the whole basement is painted in New England Patriots colors and there is a urinal in the bathroom...don't think that's going to find much use. The good thing is I was so tired from my flight that I fell asleep as soon as I got here at midnight and woke up at seven so I am already used to the time change. The next day Margaret and I got up early because Margaret had a savate match (french kick boxing). I would show you a picture of Margaret but due to the nasty french outfit you have to wear in this sport (almost full body spandex) Margaret would kill me if I put that picture on the Internet but I do have some of the guys fighting for you.

Then that night we drove about an hour away and watched two of Margarets gym members in some boxing matches, one at heavy weight and the other super heavy weight...sadly they didn't win :(

Today I went and took a walk around town to get an idea of where stuff is and how long its going to take me to walk around everywhere. I found that it takes me about an hour for me to walk from home to the university which is downtown. I also witnessed some really interesting sites. These first two pictures are for you if anyone tells you Manchester is as nice as SB.

Blech

Nice town...caring...see the charity? How about the crack pipe?
I found what appears to be the lamest park...EVER. I see how the rough streets of Manchester look like the war in Iraq...and trust me I know this is in bad taste but the picture turned out so well I had to. and I guess the city of Manchester decided to save money by laying off the public works people in town and removing all the trash cans so they didn't have to have someone empty them.But at least I have this great way to remind me where the people I love are...I hope life is great in Cali cuz its looking grim here...not the New England I was hoping for.

1 comment:

George said...

It will look better once things green up for summer.

At least keep telling yourself that.